There are a wide variety treatments and services at Carlisle Ear Nose & Throat to resolve hearing difficulties in adults and children. Our professional staff is dedicated to bringing you the very best quality and comprehensive care to resolve your hearing problem.
- Detailed and Extensive Hearing Evaluations
- Hearing Aid Fitting
- Hearing Aid Repair and Cleaning
- Hearing Aid Adjustments
Some Ways To Recognize Hearing Loss
- Are others complaining that you turn the TV volume up too high?
- Are you having trouble following the conversation of two or more people who are speaking at the same time?
- Do you have prolonged periods of ringing or other noises in your ears?
- Are you straining to understand conversation?
- Are you having trouble hearing in a noisy background?
- Are you frequently asking people to repeat themselves?
- When engaged in conversations do many people you speak to seem to mumble?
- Do you misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
- Is it difficult to understand the speech of women and children?
If you have answered yes to two or more of these questions, you may want to make an appointment for a hearing evaluation.
Diseases and disorders of the ears, nose, throat, head, and neck negatively impact the lives of millions around the world. Our health information, created by our member physicians, provides a basic overview of diagnoses and treatment for many of these conditions.
Conditions that impair ear function can be as minor as wax buildup or as serious as congenital deafness. This section contains valuable information about how to protect your hearing, how to recognize indications of hearing disorders, and what ENT-head and neck physicians can do to evaluate and treat these problems. Learn More »
Maladies of the throat can be a mere nuisance or a major ordeal. Tonsillitis, voice disorders, and even hoarseness all interfere with our ability to communicate. Many of these conditions can be improved or corrected with the care of an ENT physician or head and neck surgeon. Learn More »
Congestion, allergic rhinitis, a deviated septum, and mouth sores are just a few of the varied health problems that occur in this region of the body. Information about ways you can relieve symptoms at home and when you should see a physician can be found in this section. Learn More »
Many surgical advances are being made in this area. Procedures such as tonsillectomy and facial plastic surgery are becoming less invasive, and new procedures are being developed to treat serious problems such as cleft palate, sleep apnea, and deafness. Learn More »
Early detection is critical to preventing fatal outcomes. Cancers of the head and neck such as laryngeal cancer can be particularly aggressive. Signs of cancer of the head and neck include changes in the skin, pain, prolonged hoarseness, and sudden loss of voice. If you suffer from any of these symptoms you should see an ENT or head and neck physician immediately. Learn More »
Children face many of the same health problems that adults do, however symptoms may show themselves differently and treatment methods that work well in adults may not be appropriate for children. This section identifies common pediatric ENT, head, and neck ailments and what you should ask your child’s doctor about diagnosis and treatment. Learn More »